`Suspect package` found at Manchester airport
London: An airport terminal in Manchester was closed and evacuated Monday after a "suspect package" was found, airport officials said.
The Terminal 1 was closed at 8.15 a.m. but police said the security alert was now over, with the terminal fully reopening at 12.15 p.m., BBC reported.
An airport spokesman said incoming and outgoing flights were continuing as normal.
Police said an explosive ordinance disposal team were called "as a precaution".
"I got to the airport, they started my check-in, my bag was on the belt and suddenly they said `I`m sorry, you`re going to have your bag back as we are being evacuated`," Alexina Evans, a passenger due to fly to Madeira from Manchester, told BBC.
It was not immediately clear what were the contents of the package.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress