`Suspect package` found at Manchester airport
London: An airport terminal in Manchester was closed and evacuated Monday after a "suspect package" was found, airport officials said.
The Terminal 1 was closed at 8.15 a.m. but police said the security alert was now over, with the terminal fully reopening at 12.15 p.m., BBC reported.
An airport spokesman said incoming and outgoing flights were continuing as normal.
Police said an explosive ordinance disposal team were called "as a precaution".
"I got to the airport, they started my check-in, my bag was on the belt and suddenly they said `I`m sorry, you`re going to have your bag back as we are being evacuated`," Alexina Evans, a passenger due to fly to Madeira from Manchester, told BBC.
It was not immediately clear what were the contents of the package.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery