`Suspect package` found at Manchester airport
London: An airport terminal in Manchester was closed and evacuated Monday after a "suspect package" was found, airport officials said.
The Terminal 1 was closed at 8.15 a.m. but police said the security alert was now over, with the terminal fully reopening at 12.15 p.m., BBC reported.
An airport spokesman said incoming and outgoing flights were continuing as normal.
Police said an explosive ordinance disposal team were called "as a precaution".
"I got to the airport, they started my check-in, my bag was on the belt and suddenly they said `I`m sorry, you`re going to have your bag back as we are being evacuated`," Alexina Evans, a passenger due to fly to Madeira from Manchester, told BBC.
It was not immediately clear what were the contents of the package.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more