`Suspect package` found at Manchester airport
London: An airport terminal in Manchester was closed and evacuated Monday after a "suspect package" was found, airport officials said.
The Terminal 1 was closed at 8.15 a.m. but police said the security alert was now over, with the terminal fully reopening at 12.15 p.m., BBC reported.
An airport spokesman said incoming and outgoing flights were continuing as normal.
Police said an explosive ordinance disposal team were called "as a precaution".
"I got to the airport, they started my check-in, my bag was on the belt and suddenly they said `I`m sorry, you`re going to have your bag back as we are being evacuated`," Alexina Evans, a passenger due to fly to Madeira from Manchester, told BBC.
It was not immediately clear what were the contents of the package.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics