`Suspect package` found at Manchester airport
London: An airport terminal in Manchester was closed and evacuated Monday after a "suspect package" was found, airport officials said.
The Terminal 1 was closed at 8.15 a.m. but police said the security alert was now over, with the terminal fully reopening at 12.15 p.m., BBC reported.
An airport spokesman said incoming and outgoing flights were continuing as normal.
Police said an explosive ordinance disposal team were called "as a precaution".
"I got to the airport, they started my check-in, my bag was on the belt and suddenly they said `I`m sorry, you`re going to have your bag back as we are being evacuated`," Alexina Evans, a passenger due to fly to Madeira from Manchester, told BBC.
It was not immediately clear what were the contents of the package.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India