Suspected al Qaeda suicide bomber held in Algeria
Algiers: Algerian security services have arrested a suspected Al Qaeda-linked militant carrying an explosive belt in Chlef province, a media report said.
Citing Ennahar TV, Xinhua said the 23-year-old militant was intercepted near a bus station, and had likely planned to blow himself off.
A security official said the suspect hails from Relizene province and is believed to belong to Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam