Suspected al Qaeda suicide bomber held in Algeria
Algiers: Algerian security services have arrested a suspected Al Qaeda-linked militant carrying an explosive belt in Chlef province, a media report said.
Citing Ennahar TV, Xinhua said the 23-year-old militant was intercepted near a bus station, and had likely planned to blow himself off.
A security official said the suspect hails from Relizene province and is believed to belong to Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list