Suspected al Qaeda suicide bomber held in Algeria
Algiers: Algerian security services have arrested a suspected Al Qaeda-linked militant carrying an explosive belt in Chlef province, a media report said.
Citing Ennahar TV, Xinhua said the 23-year-old militant was intercepted near a bus station, and had likely planned to blow himself off.
A security official said the suspect hails from Relizene province and is believed to belong to Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'