Suspected al Qaeda suicide bomber held in Algeria
Algiers: Algerian security services have arrested a suspected Al Qaeda-linked militant carrying an explosive belt in Chlef province, a media report said.
Citing Ennahar TV, Xinhua said the 23-year-old militant was intercepted near a bus station, and had likely planned to blow himself off.
A security official said the suspect hails from Relizene province and is believed to belong to Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country