Suspected Boko Haram gunmen attack police building in Nigeria
Abuja: Gunmen suspected to be members of radical Islamic group Boko Haram attacked a high security police building in Nigerian capital on Monday, reportedly freeing some prisoners.
The attack came a day after two suicide bombers blew themselves up at a church inside a high security military barrack in northern Nigeria.
In Abuja today, the police Special Anti-Robbery Squad building came under attack.
Security at the place is usually very tight but the attackers were able to breach it and gain access to the building through a hill overlooking the building and began shooting sporadically.
Unconfirmed sources said some prisoners suspected to be Boko Haram members were freed in the attack.
The police is yet to give any official information on the incident.
On Sunday, a high military formation in Jaji was attacked by suspected Boko Haram members leaving 11 persons dead and 30 others injured.
Boko Haram has the avowed aim of establishing Muslim law in northern Nigeria where Muslims are in majority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday