Suspected Boko Haram gunmen attack police building in Nigeria
Abuja: Gunmen suspected to be members of radical Islamic group Boko Haram attacked a high security police building in Nigerian capital on Monday, reportedly freeing some prisoners.
The attack came a day after two suicide bombers blew themselves up at a church inside a high security military barrack in northern Nigeria.
In Abuja today, the police Special Anti-Robbery Squad building came under attack.
Security at the place is usually very tight but the attackers were able to breach it and gain access to the building through a hill overlooking the building and began shooting sporadically.
Unconfirmed sources said some prisoners suspected to be Boko Haram members were freed in the attack.
The police is yet to give any official information on the incident.
On Sunday, a high military formation in Jaji was attacked by suspected Boko Haram members leaving 11 persons dead and 30 others injured.
Boko Haram has the avowed aim of establishing Muslim law in northern Nigeria where Muslims are in majority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble