Suspected grenade blast in Kenya wounds 13
Nairobi: A police official says a suspected grenade blast at a Nairobi pub has wounded 13 people.
The attack came two days after the United States warned of an imminent threat of a terror attack in the Kenyan capital. Last week, Somalia`s most dangerous militant group, al-Shabab, warned of reprisal attacks inside Kenya for a Kenyan military incursion into Somalia.
But the early Monday blast did not appear to be such an attack. A police official who could not be named said 13 people were wounded but no one was killed. Chairs and tables at the pub were overturned after the explosion but there was no major damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi