Suspected grenade blast in Kenya wounds 13
Nairobi: A police official says a suspected grenade blast at a Nairobi pub has wounded 13 people.
The attack came two days after the United States warned of an imminent threat of a terror attack in the Kenyan capital. Last week, Somalia`s most dangerous militant group, al-Shabab, warned of reprisal attacks inside Kenya for a Kenyan military incursion into Somalia.
But the early Monday blast did not appear to be such an attack. A police official who could not be named said 13 people were wounded but no one was killed. Chairs and tables at the pub were overturned after the explosion but there was no major damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?