Suspected Mossad agent arrested in Poland over Dubai murder
Berlin: Polish authorities have arrested
at the request of Germany a suspected Mossad agent thought to
have played a role in the Dubai assassination of a Hamas
commander, German prosecutors said on Saturday.
"He was arrested in Warsaw and is suspected of being
involved in illegally obtaining a (German) passport," a
spokesman for German federal prosecution said, confirming a
report in German magazine Der Spiegel.
"It`s now up to the Germans to decide if they are
going to hand him over to Germany."
According to an article to be published on Monday in
Der Spiegel, the suspect identified as Uri Brodsky was
arrested early June on arrival at Warsaw`s airport on
suspicions that he helped a member of the hit squad get a
German passport in June 2009.
Mahmud al-Mabhuh, a founder of the military wing of
the Islamist Hamas movement which controls Gaza, was found
dead in his room in the Al Bustan Rotana hotel near Dubai
airport on January 20.
Dubai police have released extensive surveillance
camera footage they say shows the team of suspects from the
hit squad they have linked to the Mossad.
The Hamas man had been drugged and then suffocated.
Twelve British, six Irish, four French, one German and
three Australian passports were used by 26 people believed
linked to the murder, according to Dubai police.
In many cases, the documents appeared either to have
been faked or obtained illegally.
The issue caused a diplomatic row in which the five
countries whose passports were used called in Israeli envoys
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!