Suspected US drone kills 3 in Yemen
Sana`a: Yemeni security officials say a suspected US drone has killed three alleged al Qaeda members in the country`s volatile south.
The officials say a drone-fired missile hit a car on Thursday in the southern city of Hadramawt, setting it on fire and killing three men who were inside it.
The strike is the third this week, following two similar hits that struck cars belonging to alleged al Qaeda figures in southern Yemen.
The Yemeni officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not allowed to talk to the media.
Washington considers al Qaeda`s Yemeni branch one of the world`s most dangerous terrorist groups.
The US uses drone strikes in Yemen to go after the group`s members, while government troops are also confronting them in various parts of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'