Suspected US drone kills 3 in Yemen
Sana`a: Yemeni security officials say a suspected US drone has killed three alleged al Qaeda members in the country`s volatile south.
The officials say a drone-fired missile hit a car on Thursday in the southern city of Hadramawt, setting it on fire and killing three men who were inside it.
The strike is the third this week, following two similar hits that struck cars belonging to alleged al Qaeda figures in southern Yemen.
The Yemeni officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not allowed to talk to the media.
Washington considers al Qaeda`s Yemeni branch one of the world`s most dangerous terrorist groups.
The US uses drone strikes in Yemen to go after the group`s members, while government troops are also confronting them in various parts of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok