Suspended US priest given 8-year prison sentence
Pittsburgh: A suspended Pittsburgh-area priest will serve more than eight years in prison for collecting thousands of images of child pornography on his computer, books and compact discs.
The sentence the Reverend Bartley Sorensen received on Wednesday was more than the five-year mandatory minimum he sought but less than the 10-year maximum he faced.
The 63-year-old Roman Catholic priest was arrested by Allegheny County authorities in December 2011 after an employee at St John Fisher Parish in Churchill noticed him looking at a photo of a pantsless young boy on his computer.
Federal officials took over the investigation after a computer search turned up thousands of child pornography images, some of them sadomasochistic.
Sorensen pleaded guilty in May. At his sentencing, he expressed remorse to everyone but the young boys depicted in the pornography.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player