Suspicious death of witness in Princess Diana`s murder hindering probe
London: In another twist in Princess Diana`s `murder conspiracy` investigations, Former Foreign Secretary, Robin Cook, who was supposed to be a key witness in the inquiry, died in 2005 under mysterious circumstances, it has been revealed.
According to the Daily Star, `fit and healthy` Cook was walking on a remote Scottish mountainside when he tripped and fell 8 ft down a ridge.
When a helicopter arrived for assistance 30 minutes later, Cook was flown to Raigmore Hospital while his wife, Gaynor, was left to walk down the mountain.
The publication reported that even before Gaynor arrived at the hospital, her 59-year-old husband had already been pronounced dead due to a supposed heart attack.
Also, Former head of MI6 Sir Richard Dearlove had testified at the 2007 Diana inquest that Cook would have been required to issue a "Class Seven Authorisation" that would have given an armed unit a "licence to kill", in the kind of plot that killed the Duchess of Wales in a Paris underpass.
A senior French judicial source said that it would have been important for them to question Cook about these dramatic developments.
The insider added that if Cook was the man who may have sanctioned an attack, then his answers would be crucial as many lines of inquiry led to him and his office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’