Suspicious motorbike destroyed at Thai security meet
Phuket: A loud blast near a major Asia security meeting in Thailand on Thursday was caused by a suspicious motorbike being destroyed, Thai security officials said.
The officials told reporters the bike had been left unattended near the venue of the meeting on the resort island of Phuket and the owner could not be found. It was destroyed with water cannon, they said.
Among the participants at the ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF) gathering inside a luxury hotel complex was US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Some 10,000 Thai troops have enforced tight security around the venue to prevent an embarrassing repeat of the last regional gathering in Thailand in April, when anti-government demonstrators breached security to scuttle the East Asia Summit, forcing half the leaders to be evacuated by helicopter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe