Suspicious motorbike destroyed at Thai security meet
Phuket: A loud blast near a major Asia security meeting in Thailand on Thursday was caused by a suspicious motorbike being destroyed, Thai security officials said.
The officials told reporters the bike had been left unattended near the venue of the meeting on the resort island of Phuket and the owner could not be found. It was destroyed with water cannon, they said.
Among the participants at the ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF) gathering inside a luxury hotel complex was US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Some 10,000 Thai troops have enforced tight security around the venue to prevent an embarrassing repeat of the last regional gathering in Thailand in April, when anti-government demonstrators breached security to scuttle the East Asia Summit, forcing half the leaders to be evacuated by helicopter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital