Suspicious motorbike destroyed at Thai security meet
Phuket: A loud blast near a major Asia security meeting in Thailand on Thursday was caused by a suspicious motorbike being destroyed, Thai security officials said.
The officials told reporters the bike had been left unattended near the venue of the meeting on the resort island of Phuket and the owner could not be found. It was destroyed with water cannon, they said.
Among the participants at the ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF) gathering inside a luxury hotel complex was US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Some 10,000 Thai troops have enforced tight security around the venue to prevent an embarrassing repeat of the last regional gathering in Thailand in April, when anti-government demonstrators breached security to scuttle the East Asia Summit, forcing half the leaders to be evacuated by helicopter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?