Suspicious package at US base sends 3 to hospital
Chicago: Three service members who handled a suspicious package that was sent to an Illinois Air Force base were taken to hospital on Wednesday after developing rashes, officials said.
They were all released after a brief medical exam, a spokesman for the Scott Air Force Base said.
"They were just experiencing some skin irritation," Lieutenant Benjamin Garland said.
The military mail centre and adjacent buildings were immediately evacuated after the package was discovered around 9:30 am (14:30 GMT)
Some 13 other people who were in the vicinity of the package were also evaluated by medical personnel.
Officials said there is no immediate threat to surrounding communities.
Garland declined to confirm reports that a sulfur-like smell came from the package or comment on what kind of suspicious material the package contained.
"It is currently under investigation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users