Suspicious package at US base sends 3 to hospital
Chicago: Three service members who handled a suspicious package that was sent to an Illinois Air Force base were taken to hospital on Wednesday after developing rashes, officials said.
They were all released after a brief medical exam, a spokesman for the Scott Air Force Base said.
"They were just experiencing some skin irritation," Lieutenant Benjamin Garland said.
The military mail centre and adjacent buildings were immediately evacuated after the package was discovered around 9:30 am (14:30 GMT)
Some 13 other people who were in the vicinity of the package were also evaluated by medical personnel.
Officials said there is no immediate threat to surrounding communities.
Garland declined to confirm reports that a sulfur-like smell came from the package or comment on what kind of suspicious material the package contained.
"It is currently under investigation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug