Suspicious package surfaces at Arizona Nuke Plant
New York: A suspicious item, which was
found at the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station in Arizona
in the US today was removed by a bomb squad.
The security officers at the plant called the
Maricopa County Sheriff`s office at around 5 am and then
called again when a second package was discovered.
Palo Verde officials said one package was found
and the area around it had been evacuated. The nation`s
largest nuclear plant, 55 miles west of Phoenix, has not been
locked down, KTAR.com reported.
Sheriff`s Lt. Brian Lee said, the incident "was
serious enough to shut down the checkpoint. It was shift
change, it caused quite a backup. The power plant remained
operational the whole time."
Lee said a "non-badged" driver was being questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!