Suspicious package surfaces at Arizona Nuke Plant
New York: A suspicious item, which was
found at the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station in Arizona
in the US today was removed by a bomb squad.
The security officers at the plant called the
Maricopa County Sheriff`s office at around 5 am and then
called again when a second package was discovered.
Palo Verde officials said one package was found
and the area around it had been evacuated. The nation`s
largest nuclear plant, 55 miles west of Phoenix, has not been
locked down, KTAR.com reported.
Sheriff`s Lt. Brian Lee said, the incident "was
serious enough to shut down the checkpoint. It was shift
change, it caused quite a backup. The power plant remained
operational the whole time."
Lee said a "non-badged" driver was being questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says