Suspicious vehicle found outside WTO in Geneva
Geneva: The main building of the World Trade Organisation (WTO) was partially evacuated on Tuesday after a "suspicious vehicle" was found parked outside the building, Xinhua reported.
However, staff returned to work after police checked the vehicle, WTO spokesperson Xu Ankai said.
He said that around 12.55 p.m., security guards of the WTO headquarters found the suspicious vehicle outside the main building but could not make sure what was inside.
Some of the WTO staff were evacuated for security reasons. They later went back to work after police with a sniffer dog found nothing.
The spokesperson said the WTO had not received any bomb threat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?