Suspicious vehicle found outside WTO in Geneva
Geneva: The main building of the World Trade Organisation (WTO) was partially evacuated on Tuesday after a "suspicious vehicle" was found parked outside the building, Xinhua reported.
However, staff returned to work after police checked the vehicle, WTO spokesperson Xu Ankai said.
He said that around 12.55 p.m., security guards of the WTO headquarters found the suspicious vehicle outside the main building but could not make sure what was inside.
Some of the WTO staff were evacuated for security reasons. They later went back to work after police with a sniffer dog found nothing.
The spokesperson said the WTO had not received any bomb threat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor