Suspicious vehicle found outside WTO in Geneva
Geneva: The main building of the World Trade Organisation (WTO) was partially evacuated on Tuesday after a "suspicious vehicle" was found parked outside the building, Xinhua reported.
However, staff returned to work after police checked the vehicle, WTO spokesperson Xu Ankai said.
He said that around 12.55 p.m., security guards of the WTO headquarters found the suspicious vehicle outside the main building but could not make sure what was inside.
Some of the WTO staff were evacuated for security reasons. They later went back to work after police with a sniffer dog found nothing.
The spokesperson said the WTO had not received any bomb threat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal