Suspicious vehicle found outside WTO in Geneva
Geneva: The main building of the World Trade Organisation (WTO) was partially evacuated on Tuesday after a "suspicious vehicle" was found parked outside the building, Xinhua reported.
However, staff returned to work after police checked the vehicle, WTO spokesperson Xu Ankai said.
He said that around 12.55 p.m., security guards of the WTO headquarters found the suspicious vehicle outside the main building but could not make sure what was inside.
Some of the WTO staff were evacuated for security reasons. They later went back to work after police with a sniffer dog found nothing.
The spokesperson said the WTO had not received any bomb threat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price