Suspicious wires, not bomb, found on Delta plane
New York: A Madrid-bound Delta Air Lines jetliner returned to New York on Thursday night after the discovery of suspicious wires.
New York officials have not found any explosive device in the flight that returned to Kennedy International Airport. Officials are, meanwhile, grilling a male and female passenger in connection with the matter.
According to New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne, Delta Flight 126 bound for Madrid returned to the gate and evacuated on Thursday after a report of a suspicious device aboard. The flight took off at 8 pm and it landed around 10 pm.
Authorities say wires were found in the lavatory that apparently did not belong to the plane.
It was initially thought the passengers were evacuated before the plane took off.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!