Suspicious wires, not bomb, found on Delta plane
New York: A Madrid-bound Delta Air Lines jetliner returned to New York on Thursday night after the discovery of suspicious wires.
New York officials have not found any explosive device in the flight that returned to Kennedy International Airport. Officials are, meanwhile, grilling a male and female passenger in connection with the matter.
According to New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne, Delta Flight 126 bound for Madrid returned to the gate and evacuated on Thursday after a report of a suspicious device aboard. The flight took off at 8 pm and it landed around 10 pm.
Authorities say wires were found in the lavatory that apparently did not belong to the plane.
It was initially thought the passengers were evacuated before the plane took off.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security