Suspicious wires, not bomb, found on Delta plane
New York: A Madrid-bound Delta Air Lines jetliner returned to New York on Thursday night after the discovery of suspicious wires.
New York officials have not found any explosive device in the flight that returned to Kennedy International Airport. Officials are, meanwhile, grilling a male and female passenger in connection with the matter.
According to New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne, Delta Flight 126 bound for Madrid returned to the gate and evacuated on Thursday after a report of a suspicious device aboard. The flight took off at 8 pm and it landed around 10 pm.
Authorities say wires were found in the lavatory that apparently did not belong to the plane.
It was initially thought the passengers were evacuated before the plane took off.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal