Suu Kyi to head Parl`s committee for rule of law, peace
Rangoon: Myanmar`s Parliamentary House of Representatives (Lower House) Tuesday formed a 15-member Committee for Rule of Law and Peace and Stability at central level with parliamentarian Aung San Suu Kyi as chairperson, parliament sources said.
Another MP U Win Myint from Pathein constituency became secretary of the committee, said Lower House Speaker U Shwe Mann during the 4th session of the House in Nay Pyi Taw.
The committee, effective for one year, will render help to and coordination with MPs, the government`s judicial bodies, government staff and media to stay under law and take action if necessary through presentation to the house`s speaker, monitoring of implementation of rule of law and coordinating for revoking, amendment and promulgation of laws and by-laws being practised by central-level organizations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you