Suu Kyi to head Parl`s committee for rule of law, peace
Rangoon: Myanmar`s Parliamentary House of Representatives (Lower House) Tuesday formed a 15-member Committee for Rule of Law and Peace and Stability at central level with parliamentarian Aung San Suu Kyi as chairperson, parliament sources said.
Another MP U Win Myint from Pathein constituency became secretary of the committee, said Lower House Speaker U Shwe Mann during the 4th session of the House in Nay Pyi Taw.
The committee, effective for one year, will render help to and coordination with MPs, the government`s judicial bodies, government staff and media to stay under law and take action if necessary through presentation to the house`s speaker, monitoring of implementation of rule of law and coordinating for revoking, amendment and promulgation of laws and by-laws being practised by central-level organizations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred