Suu Kyi to head Parl`s committee for rule of law, peace
Rangoon: Myanmar`s Parliamentary House of Representatives (Lower House) Tuesday formed a 15-member Committee for Rule of Law and Peace and Stability at central level with parliamentarian Aung San Suu Kyi as chairperson, parliament sources said.
Another MP U Win Myint from Pathein constituency became secretary of the committee, said Lower House Speaker U Shwe Mann during the 4th session of the House in Nay Pyi Taw.
The committee, effective for one year, will render help to and coordination with MPs, the government`s judicial bodies, government staff and media to stay under law and take action if necessary through presentation to the house`s speaker, monitoring of implementation of rule of law and coordinating for revoking, amendment and promulgation of laws and by-laws being practised by central-level organizations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen