Suu Kyi to meet UN chief
United Nations: Myanmar`s democracy icon Aung San Suu Kyi, who is on a landmark visit to the US, will meet UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon friday.
Suu Kyi, 67, will meet Ban in New York later at the UN headquarters.
Later she would also receive the Global Citizen Award from the Atlantic Council here.
Suu Kyi arrived in the US on Tuesday and has met President Barack Obama at the White House.
She also received the highest congressional award on Wednesday for her long fight for democracy.
The Nobel Peace laureate also met with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?