Suu Kyi`s NLD wins legal status
Yangon: The Myanmar government has officially recognized Nobel Laureate Aung San Suu Kyi`s National League for Democracy (NLD) as a political party, authorities said Tuesday.
Earlier, the main opposition party had made clear that it will run for the upcoming by-elections by contesting in all the constituencies after it regained legal status.
The date of the by-elections are yet to be announced, Xinhua reported.
There are 48 parliamentary seats to be filled in the by-elections. These seats were left vacant after the MPs became cabinet members in the last general election held Nov 7, 2010.
The NLD is yet to announce if Aung San Suu Kyi, the party`s general secretary, will run in the by-elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Twitter has paid $322,420 to bug hunters so far
- Sell your old car for scrap and get freebies from government
- IPL 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad — Possible XIs, Date, Time, Venue, TV Listing, Live Streaming
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan