Suu Kyi`s NLD wins legal status
Yangon: The Myanmar government has officially recognized Nobel Laureate Aung San Suu Kyi`s National League for Democracy (NLD) as a political party, authorities said Tuesday.
Earlier, the main opposition party had made clear that it will run for the upcoming by-elections by contesting in all the constituencies after it regained legal status.
The date of the by-elections are yet to be announced, Xinhua reported.
There are 48 parliamentary seats to be filled in the by-elections. These seats were left vacant after the MPs became cabinet members in the last general election held Nov 7, 2010.
The NLD is yet to announce if Aung San Suu Kyi, the party`s general secretary, will run in the by-elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read