Sweater knit by Myanmar`s Suu Kyi sells for $50K
Yangon: A hand-knit woollen sweater made by Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi has sold at an auction in Myanmar for almost USD 50,000.
A Myanmar-based radio station won a bidding war for the sweater during an auction on Thursday night held by Suu Kyi`s opposition party. The bidding started at USD 6,000.
Suu Kyi has not yet commented on the sale of the sweater a red, green and blue V-neck or explained its background. It sold for 41,500,000 kyat, or USD 49,000.
The auction was a part of a fundraising concert organised by the National League for Democracy party to raise money for education of poor children in the impoverished country.
Suu Kyi, a 67-year-old former political prisoner, has become Myanmar`s biggest celebrity as the country transitions from a half-century of military rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`