Sweden: 23 women suspected of child pornography
Stockholm: Twenty-three women from across
Sweden have been charged with involvement in what
investigators call a unique child pornography case because
most of the suspects are female.
Today a 43-year old man was charged with having
provided them with 510 films and photos of children being
exploited in "especially ruthless" manner.
The women, aged between 38 and 70, allegedly met the
man online and received and accepted the files he sent them.
Seven of them have confessed. Some of them are also suspected
of having spread the material and two of producing child
pornographic photographs themselves.
Detective Inspector Bjorn Sellstrom says it`s the
first time, in both Sweden and the world, that so many women
have been involved in such a case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok