Sweden bomber targeted newspaper: Al Qaeda site
Luton (England): A website affiliated with
al Qaeda says the suicide bomber in Sweden was targeting a
newspaper linked to the publication of the Prophet Muhammad
Taimour Abdulwahab died in a botched suicide bombing
in central Stockholm over the weekend.
A writer on the Shumokh al-Islam website wrote on Tuesday
one of the bomber`s six gas cylinders in his car exploded
prematurely. The writer says the bomber tried to escape but
one of the bombs strapped to his body also exploded too soon.
Neither the writer nor the newspaper was named.
Several Swedish papers published the cartoons.
The plot has brought the English town of Luton back
into the spotlight. Abdulwahab studied there, and over the
years it has been the site of several terrorism arrests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'