Sweden bomber targeted newspaper: Al Qaeda site
Luton (England): A website affiliated with
al Qaeda says the suicide bomber in Sweden was targeting a
newspaper linked to the publication of the Prophet Muhammad
Taimour Abdulwahab died in a botched suicide bombing
in central Stockholm over the weekend.
A writer on the Shumokh al-Islam website wrote on Tuesday
one of the bomber`s six gas cylinders in his car exploded
prematurely. The writer says the bomber tried to escape but
one of the bombs strapped to his body also exploded too soon.
Neither the writer nor the newspaper was named.
Several Swedish papers published the cartoons.
The plot has brought the English town of Luton back
into the spotlight. Abdulwahab studied there, and over the
years it has been the site of several terrorism arrests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India