Sweden bomber targeted newspaper: Al Qaeda site
Luton (England): A website affiliated with
al Qaeda says the suicide bomber in Sweden was targeting a
newspaper linked to the publication of the Prophet Muhammad
Taimour Abdulwahab died in a botched suicide bombing
in central Stockholm over the weekend.
A writer on the Shumokh al-Islam website wrote on Tuesday
one of the bomber`s six gas cylinders in his car exploded
prematurely. The writer says the bomber tried to escape but
one of the bombs strapped to his body also exploded too soon.
Neither the writer nor the newspaper was named.
Several Swedish papers published the cartoons.
The plot has brought the English town of Luton back
into the spotlight. Abdulwahab studied there, and over the
years it has been the site of several terrorism arrests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery