Sweden bomber targeted newspaper: Al Qaeda site
Luton (England): A website affiliated with
al Qaeda says the suicide bomber in Sweden was targeting a
newspaper linked to the publication of the Prophet Muhammad
Taimour Abdulwahab died in a botched suicide bombing
in central Stockholm over the weekend.
A writer on the Shumokh al-Islam website wrote on Tuesday
one of the bomber`s six gas cylinders in his car exploded
prematurely. The writer says the bomber tried to escape but
one of the bombs strapped to his body also exploded too soon.
Neither the writer nor the newspaper was named.
Several Swedish papers published the cartoons.
The plot has brought the English town of Luton back
into the spotlight. Abdulwahab studied there, and over the
years it has been the site of several terrorism arrests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM