Sweden`s newborn princess to be named Leonore
Stockholm: Sweden`s Royal Palace says the newborn daughter of Princess Madeleine and New York banker Christopher O`Neill will be called Princess Leonore Lilian Maria.
King Carl XVI Gustaf said today his second grandchild will become Duchess of Gotland, Sweden`s largest island. Madeleine and O`Neill`s first child was born Feb. 20 in New York City, where they live. No date for the christening was announced.
The couple wed in June in Stockholm. The younger sister of Crown Princess Victoria, Madeleine is fourth in line to the Swedish throne.
Sweden has a constitutional monarchy in which the royals primarily serve as figureheads. The king is the country`s head of state, but his powers are limited to ceremonial duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt