Sweden`s newborn princess to be named Leonore
Stockholm: Sweden`s Royal Palace says the newborn daughter of Princess Madeleine and New York banker Christopher O`Neill will be called Princess Leonore Lilian Maria.
King Carl XVI Gustaf said today his second grandchild will become Duchess of Gotland, Sweden`s largest island. Madeleine and O`Neill`s first child was born Feb. 20 in New York City, where they live. No date for the christening was announced.
The couple wed in June in Stockholm. The younger sister of Crown Princess Victoria, Madeleine is fourth in line to the Swedish throne.
Sweden has a constitutional monarchy in which the royals primarily serve as figureheads. The king is the country`s head of state, but his powers are limited to ceremonial duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what