Sweden`s newborn princess to be named Leonore
Stockholm: Sweden`s Royal Palace says the newborn daughter of Princess Madeleine and New York banker Christopher O`Neill will be called Princess Leonore Lilian Maria.
King Carl XVI Gustaf said today his second grandchild will become Duchess of Gotland, Sweden`s largest island. Madeleine and O`Neill`s first child was born Feb. 20 in New York City, where they live. No date for the christening was announced.
The couple wed in June in Stockholm. The younger sister of Crown Princess Victoria, Madeleine is fourth in line to the Swedish throne.
Sweden has a constitutional monarchy in which the royals primarily serve as figureheads. The king is the country`s head of state, but his powers are limited to ceremonial duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon