Swedish baby survives crash after car birth
Stockholm: A Swedish father panicked as his wife gave birth to the couple`s third child in the family car en route to the hospital, causing the car to roll over four times, he said on Monday.
Mokhles Raheema said his wife was in the passenger seat yesterday as he was rushing her to a maternity ward in the eastern city of Gavle when she began giving birth.
"She told me, `she`s coming out, she`s coming out!`" Raheema told public television. "I saw my daughter come out and fall headfirst onto the floor" of the car, he added.
His eyes left the road, and the car veered into a ditch before rolling over four times, he said.
When the car came to rest, Raheema said his wife was beside him and their other two children, aged one and eight, were in the backseat and conscious, but he could not see the baby.
Finally he spotted her under the passenger seat, "under her mum".
"I fetched her and held her against me. She was crying," Raheema said.
"I feel better. But I hurt all over," said the mother, Samaher Mezban.
Emergency workers, alerted by a passing motorist, drove the family to the hospital, all in good condition.
Raheema said he was sorry that he had totalled the car, which belonged to a friend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan