Swedish police detain Belgium terror suspect
Stockholm: Swedish police say they have
detained a Turkish man wanted in Belgium on suspicion of
Security police spokesman Patrik Peter says the man was
arrested at Stockholm`s Arlanda airport on Friday after
arriving on a plane from Syria.
It is unclear if the man planned to stay in Sweden or had
tickets to continue his journey to another destination.
Peter said today that Belgium issued a European arrest
warrant for the man several months ago, amid suspicions of
terrorism and other crimes, but declined to give any more
details and did not identify the suspect.
A Swedish court has up to 30 days to decide if the man,
who is in his 30s, should be extradited to Belgium.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Indian Premier League, Match 26: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders - As it happened...
- Investigative agencies have ability to find money trail: Jayant Sinha
- Theory that UPA blacklisted AgustaWestland 'figment of somebody's imagination', says Arun Jaitley
- Sex once a week best for your relationship
- 'The Flash' movie loses director over creative differences?