Swedish police detain Belgium terror suspect
Stockholm: Swedish police say they have
detained a Turkish man wanted in Belgium on suspicion of
Security police spokesman Patrik Peter says the man was
arrested at Stockholm`s Arlanda airport on Friday after
arriving on a plane from Syria.
It is unclear if the man planned to stay in Sweden or had
tickets to continue his journey to another destination.
Peter said today that Belgium issued a European arrest
warrant for the man several months ago, amid suspicions of
terrorism and other crimes, but declined to give any more
details and did not identify the suspect.
A Swedish court has up to 30 days to decide if the man,
who is in his 30s, should be extradited to Belgium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'