Swedish police detain Belgium terror suspect
Stockholm: Swedish police say they have
detained a Turkish man wanted in Belgium on suspicion of
Security police spokesman Patrik Peter says the man was
arrested at Stockholm`s Arlanda airport on Friday after
arriving on a plane from Syria.
It is unclear if the man planned to stay in Sweden or had
tickets to continue his journey to another destination.
Peter said today that Belgium issued a European arrest
warrant for the man several months ago, amid suspicions of
terrorism and other crimes, but declined to give any more
details and did not identify the suspect.
A Swedish court has up to 30 days to decide if the man,
who is in his 30s, should be extradited to Belgium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj