Swedish princess to marry next June
Stockholm: Sweden`s royal family says Princess Madeleine`s wedding will take place on Saturday, June 8, at the Royal Palace chapel in downtown Stockholm.
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia`s youngest daughter was engaged to US-British boyfriend Christopher O`Neill, a 38-year-old New York banker, in late October. The 30-year-old Madeleine is fourth in line to the Swedish throne.
The royal family`s chief spokesman Bertil Tenert said Sunday that wedding organizers will now start planning details of the nuptials. He added that Madeleine`s wedding will be smaller than Crown Princess Victoria`s wedding two years ago in Stockholm.
The Swedish royal family has only ceremonial duties, such as supporting charities and promoting Swedish businesses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing