Swedish princess to marry next June
Stockholm: Sweden`s royal family says Princess Madeleine`s wedding will take place on Saturday, June 8, at the Royal Palace chapel in downtown Stockholm.
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia`s youngest daughter was engaged to US-British boyfriend Christopher O`Neill, a 38-year-old New York banker, in late October. The 30-year-old Madeleine is fourth in line to the Swedish throne.
The royal family`s chief spokesman Bertil Tenert said Sunday that wedding organizers will now start planning details of the nuptials. He added that Madeleine`s wedding will be smaller than Crown Princess Victoria`s wedding two years ago in Stockholm.
The Swedish royal family has only ceremonial duties, such as supporting charities and promoting Swedish businesses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them