Swedish tanker attacked by pirates near Benin
Stockholm: A Swedish shipping company says Benin`s Navy has thwarted an attack by pirates on one of its tankers off the coast of Benin`s capital, Cotonou.
Wisby Shipmanagement AB said in a statement on Monday that pirates boarded its vessel, the Gotland Sofia, early Sunday, but the Navy arrived quickly and the pirates fled.
The company said no one was injured in the attack and the tanker suffered only minor damage.
It says the crew of 18 Filipinos, four Swedes and one Ukrainian were shocked by the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city