Swiss: 21 Belgians, 7 Dutch dead in tunnel crash
Sion, Switzerland: A Swiss police chief says 21 Belgians and seven people from the Netherlands have been killed when a ski bus crashed head-on into a tunnel wall in southern Switzerland.
The crash late Tuesday claimed the lives of 28 people, 22 of them children, as they traveled from a Swiss Alps ski vacation back to Belgium.
Valais police chief Christian Varone also told reporters Wednesday that two injured passengers remain unidentified. He said the other injured included 17 Belgians, three Dutch and one person each from Poland and Germany.
He spoke at a news conference Wednesday in Sion, Switzerland.
Olivier Elsig, prosecutor for the canton of Valais, also told reporters the children on the bus were wearing seat belts and no other vehicle involved. He spoke at a news conference Wednesday in Sion, Switzerland.
Elsig said investigators were looking at three possible causes for the crash — a technical problem with the bus, a health problem with the driver, or human error.
The crash killed 22 students and six adults on their way back to Belgium following a Swiss skiing vacation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh