Swiss consul`s wife barred from leaving Turkey
Istanbul: The wife of the Swiss consul and head of chancery has been barred from leaving Turkey following an alleged hit-and-run accident in Istanbul, Xinhua reported.
A court in Istanbul obligated Andrea Koppel, wife of Swiss Consul Florian Koppel, to sign in at a police station every Friday.
Koppel allegedly fled the scene after crashing a Swiss consular car into a motorcycle on which 49-year-old Dogan Durmus Inal and his wife Filiz Inal were riding.
Andrea was in the driver`s seat when the car allegedly hit the couple in Istanbul`s Bebek area.
The woman was taken to a nearby hospital, while the man suffered minor injuries.
Koppel was summoned to a police station to submit her testimony.
She initially denied accusations of fleeing the scene, but later admitted she had fled the scene out of panic.
Koppel`s blood samples were also taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax