Swiss govt ignored air force over jets: Report
Geneva: A Swiss newspaper has published what
it says is a confidential report in which the Swiss Air Force
recommended buying French or European fighter jets to replace
its ageing fleet not the Swedish fighters later chosen by
The report posted online Sunday by the Zurich weekly
newspaper SonntagsZeitung says Air Force tests in 2008 showed
that Rafale fighters, made by French company Dassault
Aviation, or Eurofighters built by a European consortium, were
the best overall performers.
The Swiss Cabinet acknowledged cost was a factor in its
November decision to order 22 Gripen fighters from Sweden`s
Saab AB to replace the air force`s Northrop F-5 Tigers.
There was no immediate government comment today. Swiss
lawmakers have yet to approve the deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical