Swiss govt ignored air force over jets: Report
Geneva: A Swiss newspaper has published what
it says is a confidential report in which the Swiss Air Force
recommended buying French or European fighter jets to replace
its ageing fleet not the Swedish fighters later chosen by
The report posted online Sunday by the Zurich weekly
newspaper SonntagsZeitung says Air Force tests in 2008 showed
that Rafale fighters, made by French company Dassault
Aviation, or Eurofighters built by a European consortium, were
the best overall performers.
The Swiss Cabinet acknowledged cost was a factor in its
November decision to order 22 Gripen fighters from Sweden`s
Saab AB to replace the air force`s Northrop F-5 Tigers.
There was no immediate government comment today. Swiss
lawmakers have yet to approve the deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!