Swiss govt ignored air force over jets: Report
Geneva: A Swiss newspaper has published what
it says is a confidential report in which the Swiss Air Force
recommended buying French or European fighter jets to replace
its ageing fleet not the Swedish fighters later chosen by
The report posted online Sunday by the Zurich weekly
newspaper SonntagsZeitung says Air Force tests in 2008 showed
that Rafale fighters, made by French company Dassault
Aviation, or Eurofighters built by a European consortium, were
the best overall performers.
The Swiss Cabinet acknowledged cost was a factor in its
November decision to order 22 Gripen fighters from Sweden`s
Saab AB to replace the air force`s Northrop F-5 Tigers.
There was no immediate government comment today. Swiss
lawmakers have yet to approve the deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani