Switzerland shooting: Three killed, gunman arrested
Geneva: The Swiss police on Thursday arrested a gunman, who opened fire in a village and killed three people and wounded two others.
The gunman was arrested by officers who shot and injured him, police in the southern canton (state) of Valais said, adding they were alerted to the shooting in the village of Daillon just before 9 pm (2000GMT) Wednesday.
Three of the victims died at the scene and the two injured people were taken to hospitals. A police statement early Thursday gave no detail on their injuries.
When officers arrived at the scene, "the shooter pointed his weapon at our colleagues, so they had to open fire to neutralise him, to avoid being injured themselves," police spokesman Jean-Marie Bornet told Swiss radio. He said the shooter lived in Daillon.
The man was injured, and authorities have yet to question him. His possible motives "are not clear at all," Bornet said.
It wasn`t immediately clear how the shooter obtained his weapon.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love