Switzerland shooting: Three killed, gunman arrested
Geneva: The Swiss police on Thursday arrested a gunman, who opened fire in a village and killed three people and wounded two others.
The gunman was arrested by officers who shot and injured him, police in the southern canton (state) of Valais said, adding they were alerted to the shooting in the village of Daillon just before 9 pm (2000GMT) Wednesday.
Three of the victims died at the scene and the two injured people were taken to hospitals. A police statement early Thursday gave no detail on their injuries.
When officers arrived at the scene, "the shooter pointed his weapon at our colleagues, so they had to open fire to neutralise him, to avoid being injured themselves," police spokesman Jean-Marie Bornet told Swiss radio. He said the shooter lived in Daillon.
The man was injured, and authorities have yet to question him. His possible motives "are not clear at all," Bornet said.
It wasn`t immediately clear how the shooter obtained his weapon.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore