Switzerland shooting: Three killed, gunman arrested
Geneva: The Swiss police on Thursday arrested a gunman, who opened fire in a village and killed three people and wounded two others.
The gunman was arrested by officers who shot and injured him, police in the southern canton (state) of Valais said, adding they were alerted to the shooting in the village of Daillon just before 9 pm (2000GMT) Wednesday.
Three of the victims died at the scene and the two injured people were taken to hospitals. A police statement early Thursday gave no detail on their injuries.
When officers arrived at the scene, "the shooter pointed his weapon at our colleagues, so they had to open fire to neutralise him, to avoid being injured themselves," police spokesman Jean-Marie Bornet told Swiss radio. He said the shooter lived in Daillon.
The man was injured, and authorities have yet to question him. His possible motives "are not clear at all," Bornet said.
It wasn`t immediately clear how the shooter obtained his weapon.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday