Sydney Opera House features on jihad site
Sydney: Attorney-General Robert McClelland said on Thursday Australia`s terror threat level would not change despite an image of Sydney`s iconic Opera House appearing in an online magazine linked to al Qaeda.
The landmark building is featured in the latest edition of Inspire, an English-language magazine that deals with bomb-making and terrorism. It is reportedly put together by associates of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, a militant Islamist organisation primarily active in Yemen and Saudi Arabia.
“I have been advised this publication does not represent any change to the extent of the terrorist threat within Australia,” McClelland said in a statement.
“And I am advised it has not been accompanied by any specific threat in Australia or to Australian citizens.” The picture of the Opera House was on the front of the online magazine`s regular bomb-making section, Open Source Jihad.
McClelland said the government was writing to the Australian Communications and Media Authority to take down links to the magazine but acknowledged that removing all access would be difficult.
“In the modern age of global electronic communications, the reality is this material will emerge on overseas sites,” he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India