Sydney Opera House features on jihad site
Sydney: Attorney-General Robert McClelland said on Thursday Australia`s terror threat level would not change despite an image of Sydney`s iconic Opera House appearing in an online magazine linked to al Qaeda.
The landmark building is featured in the latest edition of Inspire, an English-language magazine that deals with bomb-making and terrorism. It is reportedly put together by associates of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, a militant Islamist organisation primarily active in Yemen and Saudi Arabia.
“I have been advised this publication does not represent any change to the extent of the terrorist threat within Australia,” McClelland said in a statement.
“And I am advised it has not been accompanied by any specific threat in Australia or to Australian citizens.” The picture of the Opera House was on the front of the online magazine`s regular bomb-making section, Open Source Jihad.
McClelland said the government was writing to the Australian Communications and Media Authority to take down links to the magazine but acknowledged that removing all access would be difficult.
“In the modern age of global electronic communications, the reality is this material will emerge on overseas sites,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what