Sydney siege gunman's partner drops court appeal

 The partner of Sydney siege gunman Man Haron Monis on Thursday abandoned an appeal against her 2013 conviction for helping him send offensive letters to the families of the dead Australian soldiers.

Sydney: The partner of Sydney siege gunman Man Haron Monis on Thursday abandoned an appeal against her 2013 conviction for helping him send offensive letters to the families of the dead Australian soldiers.

Man Haron Monis was shot by police after taking hostages at the Lindt Cafe in Sydney`s Martin Place last December, where two people were killed, ABC reported.

Amirah Droudis (35), appeared at the New South Wales (NSW) Supreme Court via video link from jail where she is on remand.

She told the court that she did not intend to proceed with the appeal against her conviction for the offensive letters, but had not faxed her notice of abandonment to the court in time.

The judge said the case would be formally abandoned as soon as her notice was received.

The offensive letters case against Droudis and Monis went all the way to the High Court.

The letters, sent between 2007 and 2009, were described by a high court Judge as "sadistic, cruel and deeply wounding".

Last month, Droudis lost legal aid for the appeal.