Syria: 25 killed in fresh massacre
Damascus: At least 25 people were massacred Friday by "terrorists" in Syria`s northern province of Aleppo, state-run SANA news agency reported.
Xinhua said armed terrorist groups abducted a number of citizens and massacred them in Darat Ezzeh suburb of Aleppo.
The kidnapped people were shot dead before being mutilated.
Syria has witnessed a number of high profile massacres that has brought international condemnation for President Bashar al-Assad.
The Assad regime has denied involvement in the mass killings, and has accused the armed opposition of the massacres.
Britain-based activists` network Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said as many as 114 people were killed Thursday across the unrest-hit country.
According to UN estimates, up to 12,000 people have been killed in clashes between the government and opposition forces in Syria since the start of the uprising against Assad last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation