Syria accuses Obama of meddling in its affairs
Beirut: The Syrian government is accusing President Barack Obama of meddling in its internal affairs.
The US President on Thursday called for President Bashar Assad to lead his country to democracy or "get out of the way”. It was his most direct warning to the leader of a nation embroiled in violence as the government cracks down on a popular uprising.
Syria`s official news agency said on Friday Obama`s speech amounted to "incitement”. It accused Obama of interfering in Syria`s internal affairs.
Rights groups say more than 850 people have died in the regime crackdown on the uprising since it erupted in March.
Obama said Assad must start a serious dialogue or his regime will continue to be challenged from within and isolated abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!