Syria air raid kills 6 children from same family: NGO
Beirut: Six children from the same family were killed in an air strike by government forces on a village in the northern province of Aleppo, a monitoring group said on Wednesday.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, citing local residents, said three boys and three girls from the Moslem family died in yesterday`s raid on Wahshiyeh.
The village is located in a rebel-held area of Aleppo province that has come under constant aerial bombardment since late last year.
Rights groups have repeatedly slammed the regime for its air strikes, saying them fail to discriminate between military targets and civilian areas.
Also yesterday evening, a 15-year-old child was killed in an air raid on Latamneh in the central province of Hama and a seven-year-old girl died in army shelling near Jisr al-Shughur in Idlib province, northwest Syria, said the Observatory.
And in the eastern province of Deir Ezzor, which is controlled by the jihadist Islamic State, a regime air raid killed a six-year-old girl, it said.
Syria`s conflict has killed 170,000 people, including more than 9,000 children, according to the Observatory, and forced nearly half the country`s population to flee their homes.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt