Syria: Army troops, rebels clash in Damascus, Aleppo
Beirut: In a bid to reclaim areas that had fallen under the control of rebels, Syrian forces clashed with rebels in Damascus and Aleppo on Tuesday.
There were also reports of mutiny in prisons of Holms and Aleppo, said activists. Amidst threats of Syrian forces attacking Holms prison, 9 people were reported to be dead during the mutiny in Aleppo on Tuesday.
A day after the Assad regime declared that they could use chemical weapon against a foreign attack, Syrian rebels revealed that chemical weapons were being moved to airport on the border.
A statement from the Free Syrian Army states, “President Bashar al- Assad has transferred some of these weapons and equipment for mixing chemical components to airports on the border."
They further said that the move is not a threat to Israel. “The regime that has not fired a single bullet against Israel during the course of three decades is certainly not going to use chemical weapons against that country," the statement further said.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Markandey Katju lambasts Umar Khalid over Burhan Wani, Azadi for Kashmir demand – Know what he said
- Nintendo's Mario eyes a Mickey Mouse merchandising makeover
- Hepatitis prevention: Protect your liver with these useful tips
- PROMO alert! Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in 'Mohenjo Daro' —Watch now
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar