Syria: Army troops, rebels clash in Damascus, Aleppo
Beirut: In a bid to reclaim areas that had fallen under the control of rebels, Syrian forces clashed with rebels in Damascus and Aleppo on Tuesday.
There were also reports of mutiny in prisons of Holms and Aleppo, said activists. Amidst threats of Syrian forces attacking Holms prison, 9 people were reported to be dead during the mutiny in Aleppo on Tuesday.
A day after the Assad regime declared that they could use chemical weapon against a foreign attack, Syrian rebels revealed that chemical weapons were being moved to airport on the border.
A statement from the Free Syrian Army states, “President Bashar al- Assad has transferred some of these weapons and equipment for mixing chemical components to airports on the border."
They further said that the move is not a threat to Israel. “The regime that has not fired a single bullet against Israel during the course of three decades is certainly not going to use chemical weapons against that country," the statement further said.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list