Syria: Army troops, rebels clash in Damascus, Aleppo
Beirut: In a bid to reclaim areas that had fallen under the control of rebels, Syrian forces clashed with rebels in Damascus and Aleppo on Tuesday.
There were also reports of mutiny in prisons of Holms and Aleppo, said activists. Amidst threats of Syrian forces attacking Holms prison, 9 people were reported to be dead during the mutiny in Aleppo on Tuesday.
A day after the Assad regime declared that they could use chemical weapon against a foreign attack, Syrian rebels revealed that chemical weapons were being moved to airport on the border.
A statement from the Free Syrian Army states, “President Bashar al- Assad has transferred some of these weapons and equipment for mixing chemical components to airports on the border."
They further said that the move is not a threat to Israel. “The regime that has not fired a single bullet against Israel during the course of three decades is certainly not going to use chemical weapons against that country," the statement further said.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?