Syria: Army troops, rebels clash in Damascus, Aleppo
Beirut: In a bid to reclaim areas that had fallen under the control of rebels, Syrian forces clashed with rebels in Damascus and Aleppo on Tuesday.
There were also reports of mutiny in prisons of Holms and Aleppo, said activists. Amidst threats of Syrian forces attacking Holms prison, 9 people were reported to be dead during the mutiny in Aleppo on Tuesday.
A day after the Assad regime declared that they could use chemical weapon against a foreign attack, Syrian rebels revealed that chemical weapons were being moved to airport on the border.
A statement from the Free Syrian Army states, “President Bashar al- Assad has transferred some of these weapons and equipment for mixing chemical components to airports on the border."
They further said that the move is not a threat to Israel. “The regime that has not fired a single bullet against Israel during the course of three decades is certainly not going to use chemical weapons against that country," the statement further said.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'