Syria: Assad’s brother ‘lost leg’ in bombing
Damascus: Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s brother, Maher al-Assad, has lost his leg in a rebel bombing carried out on top security officials on Thursday.
Maher, the leader of both the Republican Guard and the military’s most effective unit, the Fourth Division, was rumoured to be injured in an attack on a security building in Damascus.
According to The Telegraph, the bomb, which is believed to have been planted by an insider with links to the rebels, killed four senior officials, including Assad’s brother-in-law, Assef Shawkat.
Diplomats and sources said that Maher had been injured and was forced to get his leg amputated, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan