Syria: Assad’s brother ‘lost leg’ in bombing
Damascus: Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s brother, Maher al-Assad, has lost his leg in a rebel bombing carried out on top security officials on Thursday.
Maher, the leader of both the Republican Guard and the military’s most effective unit, the Fourth Division, was rumoured to be injured in an attack on a security building in Damascus.
According to The Telegraph, the bomb, which is believed to have been planted by an insider with links to the rebels, killed four senior officials, including Assad’s brother-in-law, Assef Shawkat.
Diplomats and sources said that Maher had been injured and was forced to get his leg amputated, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets