Syria: Assad’s brother ‘lost leg’ in bombing
Damascus: Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s brother, Maher al-Assad, has lost his leg in a rebel bombing carried out on top security officials on Thursday.
Maher, the leader of both the Republican Guard and the military’s most effective unit, the Fourth Division, was rumoured to be injured in an attack on a security building in Damascus.
According to The Telegraph, the bomb, which is believed to have been planted by an insider with links to the rebels, killed four senior officials, including Assad’s brother-in-law, Assef Shawkat.
Diplomats and sources said that Maher had been injured and was forced to get his leg amputated, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today