Syria: Assad’s brother ‘lost leg’ in bombing
Damascus: Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s brother, Maher al-Assad, has lost his leg in a rebel bombing carried out on top security officials on Thursday.
Maher, the leader of both the Republican Guard and the military’s most effective unit, the Fourth Division, was rumoured to be injured in an attack on a security building in Damascus.
According to The Telegraph, the bomb, which is believed to have been planted by an insider with links to the rebels, killed four senior officials, including Assad’s brother-in-law, Assef Shawkat.
Diplomats and sources said that Maher had been injured and was forced to get his leg amputated, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt