Syria asserts right to respond to Israeli violations
Damascus: They Syrian government has said that it holds the right to respond to any Israeli violation against its sovereignty.
The Syrian foreign ministry, in a letter to the UN, Tuesday complained against the latest Israeli violation which took place earlier, Xinhua reported.
The complaint was made in the wake of an Israeli military vehicle violating the cease-fire being observed between Israel and Syria on the Golan Heights.
The army destroyed the vehicle and its occupants for crossing the cease-fire line, the Syrian ministry said, adding the measure was part of the country`s right of self-defence.
Syria also urged the UN to put an end to Israel`s repetitive violations.
In another statement, the Syrian army confirmed the incident and said that after the Syrian troops destroyed the vehicle, Israel responded by firing two rockets at a military site in Syria but caused no casualties.
Syria recently accused Israel of helping the rebels on ground especially after Israel carried out two air strikes against Syrian military positions over the past month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog