Syria blast: 18 killed, 56 injured
Damascus: At least 18 people, including three children, were killed and 56 suffered injuries when a powerful blast rattled a pro-government district of the Syrian capital city on Tuesday evening, state TV reported.
The initial information indicated that the blast was staged by a booby-trapped car that ripped through an intersection between al-Khidr Street and al-Soyouf Square, Xinhua reported.
The blast came just an hour after a powerful explosion was heard in the capital`s main Palestinian camp, al-Yarmouk, which is witnessing intense battles between the al Qaeda-linked Nusra Front and pro-government armed Palestinian committees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read