Syria blast: 18 killed, 56 injured
Damascus: At least 18 people, including three children, were killed and 56 suffered injuries when a powerful blast rattled a pro-government district of the Syrian capital city on Tuesday evening, state TV reported.
The initial information indicated that the blast was staged by a booby-trapped car that ripped through an intersection between al-Khidr Street and al-Soyouf Square, Xinhua reported.
The blast came just an hour after a powerful explosion was heard in the capital`s main Palestinian camp, al-Yarmouk, which is witnessing intense battles between the al Qaeda-linked Nusra Front and pro-government armed Palestinian committees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!