Syria crisis: Clerics allow starving Syrians to eat cats, dogs
Zee Media Bureau/ Neha Attre
Damascus: The religious clerics in the war-torn country’s capital, Damascus, have issued a fatwa (ruling) on the occasion of Eid al-Adha permitting Syrians to eat cats, dogs and donkeys which is otherwise considered unfit for human consumption in Islam.
The fatwa was issued after thousands of Syrians trapped in the ongoing war in the country are reportedly battling starvation.
Recent reports state that people trapped in Moaddamiyah, one of the worst affected areas of the country, are reportedly suffering from starvation as the area is under the control of rebels and surrounded by the Syrian Army which has completely cut-off the aid of essential supplies in the area.
The startling revelation was made when people from the area managed to escape and narrate the problems that they had been facing.
The rebels had released the video footage of starving people who had been reduced to skeletons.
While the residents of the area were trapped between the rebels and government forces, some of them were permitted to leave the town after an agreement was reached with the Syrian government.
Aid agencies have appealed to the government to allow humanitarian supplies in the area where several residents are still trapped.
The Syrian residents are the worse affected in the ongoing war between the rebels and the government for over past three years.
Hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees have since then fled the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog