Syria crisis: Kurdish fighters capture key border post
Zee Media Bureau
Beirut: After days of fighting, the Kurdish fighters on Saturday managed to capture key Yaaroubiyeh post in the war-torn country, a Syrian activist group has claimed.
Yaaroubiyeh post, a crossing point on Iraqi border, was captured reportedly by the Kurdish troops after several days of clashes with fighters of al Qaeda-linked factions Jabhat al-Nusra and the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant, said the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
Reports of capture of the Yaaroubiyeh post came shortly after Syrian state-run TV reported that the head of Jabhat al-Nusra, Abu Mohammad al-Golani, was killed in Latakia without giving any further details.
However, Golani`s death was not confirmed as there was no contact with Golani, the Observatory had said.
Meanwhile, around 20,000 armed opposition groups are fighting in Syria, a United Nations official has said.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met