Syria crisis: Russia submits chemical weapons plan to US
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
After Syrian President Bashar al-Assad agreed to hand over the stockpile of chemical weapons, Russia on Wednesday handed over the plan to make the regime’s arsenal safer to the US.
Russia on Monday announced its plan to place Syrian chemical weapons under international control to which Syria agreed.
The proposal from the Syrian ally has led to a hold on military strike by the US.
The US has accused the Syrian regime of using chemical weapons outside Damascus on August 21 in which more than 1400 civilians were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’