Syria crisis: Russia submits chemical weapons plan to US
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
After Syrian President Bashar al-Assad agreed to hand over the stockpile of chemical weapons, Russia on Wednesday handed over the plan to make the regime’s arsenal safer to the US.
Russia on Monday announced its plan to place Syrian chemical weapons under international control to which Syria agreed.
The proposal from the Syrian ally has led to a hold on military strike by the US.
The US has accused the Syrian regime of using chemical weapons outside Damascus on August 21 in which more than 1400 civilians were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony