Syria crisis: Russia submits chemical weapons plan to US
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
After Syrian President Bashar al-Assad agreed to hand over the stockpile of chemical weapons, Russia on Wednesday handed over the plan to make the regime’s arsenal safer to the US.
Russia on Monday announced its plan to place Syrian chemical weapons under international control to which Syria agreed.
The proposal from the Syrian ally has led to a hold on military strike by the US.
The US has accused the Syrian regime of using chemical weapons outside Damascus on August 21 in which more than 1400 civilians were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened