Syria denies riot in Homs central prison
Damascus: Syrian official news agency SANA denied on Wednesday media reports about riot at Homs`` central prison, claiming it is "absolutely untrue."
In a statement carried by SANA, an anonymous source said such news aimed to "buoy up the morale of terrorist groups."
Meanwhile, police officers clashed Wednesday with a "terrorist group" that tried to attack the police center at al-Saliheen area in the northern province of Aleppo, SANA said.
It added that the clash left two "terrorists" killed and several others wounded.
Meanwhile, opposition activists reported severe fights in Aleppo between government troops and armed rebels.
Aleppo, the second largest city and economic hub of Syria, has been witnessing escalation of violence since Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together
- Ukraine at UN says Putin's Crimea decree 'null and void'
- Evening showers bring Gurugram to a grinding halt
- J&K govt to provide support for smooth functioning of schools