Syria denies riot in Homs central prison
Damascus: Syrian official news agency SANA denied on Wednesday media reports about riot at Homs`` central prison, claiming it is "absolutely untrue."
In a statement carried by SANA, an anonymous source said such news aimed to "buoy up the morale of terrorist groups."
Meanwhile, police officers clashed Wednesday with a "terrorist group" that tried to attack the police center at al-Saliheen area in the northern province of Aleppo, SANA said.
It added that the clash left two "terrorists" killed and several others wounded.
Meanwhile, opposition activists reported severe fights in Aleppo between government troops and armed rebels.
Aleppo, the second largest city and economic hub of Syria, has been witnessing escalation of violence since Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city