Syria denies riot in Homs central prison
Damascus: Syrian official news agency SANA denied on Wednesday media reports about riot at Homs`` central prison, claiming it is "absolutely untrue."
In a statement carried by SANA, an anonymous source said such news aimed to "buoy up the morale of terrorist groups."
Meanwhile, police officers clashed Wednesday with a "terrorist group" that tried to attack the police center at al-Saliheen area in the northern province of Aleppo, SANA said.
It added that the clash left two "terrorists" killed and several others wounded.
Meanwhile, opposition activists reported severe fights in Aleppo between government troops and armed rebels.
Aleppo, the second largest city and economic hub of Syria, has been witnessing escalation of violence since Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok