Syria denies riot in Homs central prison
Damascus: Syrian official news agency SANA denied on Wednesday media reports about riot at Homs`` central prison, claiming it is "absolutely untrue."
In a statement carried by SANA, an anonymous source said such news aimed to "buoy up the morale of terrorist groups."
Meanwhile, police officers clashed Wednesday with a "terrorist group" that tried to attack the police center at al-Saliheen area in the northern province of Aleppo, SANA said.
It added that the clash left two "terrorists" killed and several others wounded.
Meanwhile, opposition activists reported severe fights in Aleppo between government troops and armed rebels.
Aleppo, the second largest city and economic hub of Syria, has been witnessing escalation of violence since Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Ugly spat: Renuka Chowdhury reacts to Harsimrat Kaur's 'Kachra' allegation, calls it 'cheap political drama'
- Three suspects arrested in Florida for trying to join terror group ISIS
- PM Modi pays tribute to Chandra Shekhar Azad, Bal Gangadhar Tilak on birth anniversaries
- Did Indian Air Force's AN-32 plane vanish due to catastrophic accident?
- Doomed EgyptAir flight broke up midair after fire: Report