Syria denies riot in Homs central prison
Damascus: Syrian official news agency SANA denied on Wednesday media reports about riot at Homs`` central prison, claiming it is "absolutely untrue."
In a statement carried by SANA, an anonymous source said such news aimed to "buoy up the morale of terrorist groups."
Meanwhile, police officers clashed Wednesday with a "terrorist group" that tried to attack the police center at al-Saliheen area in the northern province of Aleppo, SANA said.
It added that the clash left two "terrorists" killed and several others wounded.
Meanwhile, opposition activists reported severe fights in Aleppo between government troops and armed rebels.
Aleppo, the second largest city and economic hub of Syria, has been witnessing escalation of violence since Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata