Syria files official complaint about Israeli air strike
Damascus: The Syrian Foreign Ministry on Thursday summoned the chief of the UN Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) and filed an official complaint about an Israeli air strike that targeted a military research centre in the capital, Xinhua reported.
In a statement carried by state media, the ministry informed Major General Iqbal Singh Singha that Israel had violated the charter of disengagement concluded in 1974 by penetrating the Syrian airspace.
Israeli jets carried out an air strike on Wednesday that hit a military research site in Jumraya suburb of Damascus.
Western officials speculated that the air strike targeted a convoy carrying anti-aircraft weaponry from Syria to Lebanon`s Hezbollah.
A Syrian military statement said the Israeli attack came after many unsuccessful attempts by "armed terrorist groups" to capture the site over the past months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days