Syria files official complaint about Israeli air strike
Damascus: The Syrian Foreign Ministry on Thursday summoned the chief of the UN Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) and filed an official complaint about an Israeli air strike that targeted a military research centre in the capital, Xinhua reported.
In a statement carried by state media, the ministry informed Major General Iqbal Singh Singha that Israel had violated the charter of disengagement concluded in 1974 by penetrating the Syrian airspace.
Israeli jets carried out an air strike on Wednesday that hit a military research site in Jumraya suburb of Damascus.
Western officials speculated that the air strike targeted a convoy carrying anti-aircraft weaponry from Syria to Lebanon`s Hezbollah.
A Syrian military statement said the Israeli attack came after many unsuccessful attempts by "armed terrorist groups" to capture the site over the past months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof