Syria files official complaint about Israeli air strike
Damascus: The Syrian Foreign Ministry on Thursday summoned the chief of the UN Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) and filed an official complaint about an Israeli air strike that targeted a military research centre in the capital, Xinhua reported.
In a statement carried by state media, the ministry informed Major General Iqbal Singh Singha that Israel had violated the charter of disengagement concluded in 1974 by penetrating the Syrian airspace.
Israeli jets carried out an air strike on Wednesday that hit a military research site in Jumraya suburb of Damascus.
Western officials speculated that the air strike targeted a convoy carrying anti-aircraft weaponry from Syria to Lebanon`s Hezbollah.
A Syrian military statement said the Israeli attack came after many unsuccessful attempts by "armed terrorist groups" to capture the site over the past months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...