Syria files official complaint about Israeli air strike
Damascus: The Syrian Foreign Ministry on Thursday summoned the chief of the UN Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) and filed an official complaint about an Israeli air strike that targeted a military research centre in the capital, Xinhua reported.
In a statement carried by state media, the ministry informed Major General Iqbal Singh Singha that Israel had violated the charter of disengagement concluded in 1974 by penetrating the Syrian airspace.
Israeli jets carried out an air strike on Wednesday that hit a military research site in Jumraya suburb of Damascus.
Western officials speculated that the air strike targeted a convoy carrying anti-aircraft weaponry from Syria to Lebanon`s Hezbollah.
A Syrian military statement said the Israeli attack came after many unsuccessful attempts by "armed terrorist groups" to capture the site over the past months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report