Syria files official complaint about Israeli air strike
Damascus: The Syrian Foreign Ministry on Thursday summoned the chief of the UN Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) and filed an official complaint about an Israeli air strike that targeted a military research centre in the capital, Xinhua reported.
In a statement carried by state media, the ministry informed Major General Iqbal Singh Singha that Israel had violated the charter of disengagement concluded in 1974 by penetrating the Syrian airspace.
Israeli jets carried out an air strike on Wednesday that hit a military research site in Jumraya suburb of Damascus.
Western officials speculated that the air strike targeted a convoy carrying anti-aircraft weaponry from Syria to Lebanon`s Hezbollah.
A Syrian military statement said the Israeli attack came after many unsuccessful attempts by "armed terrorist groups" to capture the site over the past months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter