Syria frees iconic blogger Ghazzawi: Lawyer
Damascus: The Syrian authorities have freed
blogger Razan Ghazzawi, symbol of an 11-month uprising, and
six other female activists arrested last week, a human rights
lawyer said Monday.
The women were released on Saturday, but were ordered to
report to police daily in order to continue their questioning,
the lawyer, Anwar Bunni, said.
They were part of a group of 14 activists people arrested
Thursday in a raid on the Syrian Centre for Media and Freedom
of Expression, a group headed by rights activist Mazen
Darwish and the others remain in custody, Bunni said,
adding that police were investigating origins of information
used by the centre, as well as its sources of funding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation