Syria frees more than 1,000 prisoners: Report
Damascus: Syria Wednesday released from jail more
than 1,000 prisoners who had been involved in anti-regime protests, state-run television reported.
"1,180 prisoners who had been involved in the incidents
in Syria and who did not have blood on their hands were
released today," the state broadcaster said in a news flash.
Releasing prisoners is one of the points of an Arab
League roadmap approved by Syria earlier this month to end the
country`s crisis, including an end to repression of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!