Syria frees more than 1,000 prisoners: Report
Damascus: Syria Wednesday released from jail more
than 1,000 prisoners who had been involved in anti-regime protests, state-run television reported.
"1,180 prisoners who had been involved in the incidents
in Syria and who did not have blood on their hands were
released today," the state broadcaster said in a news flash.
Releasing prisoners is one of the points of an Arab
League roadmap approved by Syria earlier this month to end the
country`s crisis, including an end to repression of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!