Syria hands over chemical arsenal destruction plan: OPCW
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Damascus: Syria has submitted its plan to destroy the chemical weapons within the first deadline, said Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) on Sunday.
As per the experts appointed by the United Nations, the Syrian Arab Republic submitted to the OPCW its formal declaration covering its chemical weapons programme on October 24.
Under a deal finalised between Russia and US in September, Syria was required to submit the destruction plan of its chemical weapons to the OPCW.
The deal also gave Syria a deadline to destroy its chemical weapons by June 2014.
The OPCW, which was awarded with Nobel peace prize this month, has not given any detail of Syria’s chemical arms which are estimated at around 1,000 metric tons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron