Syria: Intl community mounts pressure over Aleppo
Amman/Beirut: In a bid to put an end to the escalating violence in Syria, international community is now mounting pressure on Syrian government to end its attacks on Aleppo.
To regain control of Aleppo from the rebels, Syrian troops have attacked the city using fighter jets, and helicopters resulting in heavy casualties including both rebels and civilians. Syrian troops have also been redirected to Aleppo from the border to fight rebels.
The attacks have resulted in heavy casualties, including both rebels and civilians.
Reacting to the earlier statement of Syria that it will use chemical weapons in case of a foreign attack, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon demanded a statement from Syrian government that it would not use chemical weapons under any circumstances.
Turkish PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan said it was not possible "to remain a spectator" to events in Aleppo.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference