Syria: Intl community mounts pressure over Aleppo
Amman/Beirut: In a bid to put an end to the escalating violence in Syria, international community is now mounting pressure on Syrian government to end its attacks on Aleppo.
To regain control of Aleppo from the rebels, Syrian troops have attacked the city using fighter jets, and helicopters resulting in heavy casualties including both rebels and civilians. Syrian troops have also been redirected to Aleppo from the border to fight rebels.
The attacks have resulted in heavy casualties, including both rebels and civilians.
Reacting to the earlier statement of Syria that it will use chemical weapons in case of a foreign attack, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon demanded a statement from Syrian government that it would not use chemical weapons under any circumstances.
Turkish PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan said it was not possible "to remain a spectator" to events in Aleppo.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site