Syria rejects calls to join war crimes tribunal
Geneva: Syria`s government has rejected other nations` demands for it to join the world`s first permanent war crimes tribunal, release political prisoners and allow unrestricted access to aid groups and medical workers.
Syria`s comments are included in a report adopted Tuesday by the UN Human Rights Council as part of its regular checkup on all UN member nations.
Syria agreed, however, with calls for it to disavow torture, respect freedom of expression and investigate deaths of thousands of peaceful protestors.
President Bashar Assad`s government has launched a bloody crackdown on the seven-month uprising against his rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof