Syria releases 500 crisis detainees
Damascus: Syria released on Thursday 500 detainees who were arrested during the 15-month crisis and not involved in homicide acts, state-run SANA news agency reported.
Syria has released hundreds of people who were arrested due to the unrest. International envoy Kofi Annan has recently urged the country`s President Bashar al-Assad to practice his power to release detainees.
The Syrian government is facing mounting international criticism over its alleged crackdown that killed more than 13,000 people during the long-time crisis, activists say.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum