Syria releases 500 crisis detainees
Damascus: Syria released on Thursday 500 detainees who were arrested during the 15-month crisis and not involved in homicide acts, state-run SANA news agency reported.
Syria has released hundreds of people who were arrested due to the unrest. International envoy Kofi Annan has recently urged the country`s President Bashar al-Assad to practice his power to release detainees.
The Syrian government is facing mounting international criticism over its alleged crackdown that killed more than 13,000 people during the long-time crisis, activists say.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US