Syria releases 500 crisis detainees
Damascus: Syria released on Thursday 500 detainees who were arrested during the 15-month crisis and not involved in homicide acts, state-run SANA news agency reported.
Syria has released hundreds of people who were arrested due to the unrest. International envoy Kofi Annan has recently urged the country`s President Bashar al-Assad to practice his power to release detainees.
The Syrian government is facing mounting international criticism over its alleged crackdown that killed more than 13,000 people during the long-time crisis, activists say.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai