Syria respects US warnings on chemical arms
Prague: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Monday made it clear that US totally oppose the use of chemical arms by the Syrian government.
In response to this a Syrian official insisted that it will nevr use any chemical weapon against its own people.
Earlier, talking to reporters Clinton had plainly stated that usage of chemical weapons is a ‘red line’ for America. She added that US may take action if it is prompted by the Assad regime.
"I`m not going to telegraph in any specifics what we would do in the event of credible evidence that the Assad regime has resorted to using chemical weapons against their own people. But suffice it to say, we are certainly planning to take action if that eventuality were to occur", Clinton said as per BBC reports.
Though she did not talk about any current Syrian program but speculations are that Syria possess an arsenal of chemical arms.
America’s concern regarding Syrian weapons is for the safeguardind their allies Turkey and Israel, and Obama singled out the threat posed by the unconventional weapons earlier this year as a potential cause for deeper U.S. involvement in Syria`s civil war. Up to now, the United States has opposed military intervention or providing arms support to Syria`s rebels for fear of further militarizing a conflict that activists say has killed more than 40,000 people since March 2011.
Clinton said that while the actions of President Bashar Assad`s government have been deplorable, chemical weapons would bring them to a new level.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore