Syria slams Morsi’s remarks as flagrant intervention
Damascus: Syrian Foreign Ministry slammed Thursday the speech of Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi on Syria as "flagrant intervention" in the country`s affairs.
In a sharp riposte on Thursday, the ministry said Morsi`s remarks on Syria are an outright encroachment on the Syrian people ``s right to choose their future without foreign intervention.
On Wednesday, Morsi delivered a hard-hitting speech at the Arab League ministerial meeting in Cairo, saying that "I tell the Syrian regime that there is still a chance to halt the bloodshed."
"What Morsi has said is part of the media instigation that aims at aggravating the violence in Syria and thus," the ministry said, adding there is no difference between him and "other governments that are supporting the armed terrorist groups with money, arms and training, which have made them partners in shedding the Syrian blood."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!